Sweets for heart's day

 Wednesday, April 20, 2011

In Japan, it's common for Japanese women to give chocolate to men on Valentine's Day. Men  on the other hand, give various gifts to women on March 14th  which is called White Day. This tradition, sweet as it may sound started as a marketing tool for chocolate companies in Japan. Japanese women are encouraged to express love to men by giving chocolate and other gifts on February 14th. This doesn't mean just lovers, a daughter to a father or a sister to a brother can give chocolates too.

This year, the kids and I made some for Papa and the other men surrounding us. Lotte cocoa and white chocolate were our base chocolate flavoring and glaze. See what else we made here.

 Lamingtons for hubby. ♥

A Lamington is a sponge cake in the shape of a cuboid, coated in a layer of traditionally chocolate icing then desiccated coconut.They are easy to make, try this recipe.

Papa(ぱぱ) .I LOVE YOU. Sarina(さりな)
My 4-year-old daughter wrote this on the box for Papa. We made some more to be given to Ojisan (grandpa). We made mini sponge cakes, white chocolate hearts and chocoball sprinkles.




....a post for....

14 comments:

Tetcha April 20, 2011 at 6:04 PM  

Delicious sweet treats for the man of the house! Thanks for the visit, Mommy! I hope we can exchange links, too, Mommy! I already added your blog to my blog roll. I hope you can do the same. Followed you, too! Thanks!

Arlene April 21, 2011 at 11:47 AM  

that's a sweet temptation. the tradition is also a sweet gesture of love.

imriz April 21, 2011 at 4:55 PM  

even daddies love sweets, too, especially the gestures:)

Anonymous,  April 21, 2011 at 7:17 PM  

Those Lamingtons look so scrumptious!! I can't wait to give it a try myself! Thanks for posting :)

Please check my FTF entry for this week: Hap Chan Dinner
Much ♥,
Pearl
Sassy Chef Recipes and Reviews

The Pepperrific Life April 22, 2011 at 3:30 AM  

I swear, if a man gives me those, I'm going to marry him in a heartbeat! I just love chocolate!
Here's my entry
http://pepperrific.com/2011/04/polvoron-perfected/

anne April 22, 2011 at 5:27 AM  

So special and sweet especially when you made the effort to bake those. Mine is here Little World of Fun THanks

Chubskulit Rose April 22, 2011 at 5:26 PM  

Sweet Treat!

Come and have some Mexican food at Spice Up Your Life blog, happy Easter!

Jenn April 23, 2011 at 7:32 AM  

I always find the Japanese's Valentine's Day so sweet, because it's the men who receives chocolates.

Hopping here from Food Trip Friday, if you have time, please check out my foodie experience at Felicity Patisserie, my FTF post this week. Thanks a lot!

domestic {cherry} April 24, 2011 at 3:40 AM  

that's a nice tradition...and a cheap one. =) i hope they won't come up with the idea of giving gadgets on christmas day

mine is up and hope you like eel:
http://www.domestic-cherry.com/2011/04/one-saturday/

Cheerful April 25, 2011 at 2:47 AM  

that's sweet...and the presentation was really nice! i bet they are delicious too! anyway, have a great week! -PinayMum - Mommy's Life Around...

January Zelene April 25, 2011 at 7:43 AM  

sweet and tempting..:)

Sorry for the Late Visit. I was on vacation. Hope you can check out My Food Trip Friday

i♥pinkc00kies April 26, 2011 at 1:02 AM  

yumm.. chocolates are my best friends :D

lyzacruz88 April 28, 2011 at 8:10 AM  

Oh my, mouth-watering! craving now for chocolates :)

http://www.lyzalane.info/2011/04/ftf13-seafoods-galore.html

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP