Of donuts and other things

 Sunday, April 3, 2011



Little girl's special day was celebrated with my mom (above photo). Yep, my mom, though when I introduce her as my mom, people are amazed maybe thinking we pass off as sisters. She's my best bud, the only one person I can run to when things get awry. We could talk about anything under the sun...from the kids to home decor, from car insurance to food and coffee, even tax return tips to perfume and make up. 

Mom and I  have been through a lot of happy and not so fond moments  that has help our bond strengthen through the years. At times, we would go out together for coffee and donuts just to be updated about each other lives. These "dates" are filled with conversations that could be emotional, funny yet sometimes doesn't really connect to anything in between. Like last time, after celebrating Ayana's birthday we went home with a box of Krispy Kreme donuts. We had coffee while munching on then and we were talking about tax extension form 2010 taxes. I have ,perhaps, the least idea on how to file taxes here in Japan so I listened as mom explained about property taxes, the differences with non-resident, non-permanent and permanent resident taxes and also where to get and file the  tax extension form 2010.

I know that she did talk much about it but I will still have to ask her about these things again. We then hopped to other topics surrounding the kids, school and home. We each  finished two donuts without noticing the time. Original glazed donut is my favorite after all. That's just how it is with us. We can go on talking for hours on end, it may sometimes take longer for us to see each other again, we sometimes get into petty fights but in the end, we would be there talking like the last time we chatted was just yesterday. This is the kind of bond that I want to have with my kids. By the way, Happy Mother's day mom. (UK celebration is today.) ;-)


Entry for:


8 comments:

Bogie April 3, 2011 at 7:11 AM  

Your mom is indeed young looking! Yummy donuts and looks like the kids are loving it :)

Bogie of Perfectly Blended

Chubskulit Rose April 3, 2011 at 7:30 AM  

My son would go gaga for donuts! I am now your follower dearest.



My entry is at Spice Up Your Life, have a blessed Sunday!

Laurencita April 3, 2011 at 7:36 AM  

yes, you and your mom looks like you are sisters.

 gmirage April 3, 2011 at 1:55 PM  

D once said: Okasan, haha no hi omedetou! :)

You're both lucky having each other...

Talisa April 3, 2011 at 6:11 PM  

i am a big fan of krispy kreme too!!! happy ys to your lovely family and to you too! here's my entry: http://www.yagottalove.me/2011/04/breakfast-buffet-at-newport-citys-marriott-hotel/

Jenn Valmonte April 3, 2011 at 6:28 PM  

Oh yeah, my British friend told me about Mother's Day celebrated yesterday. The original glaze was the only flavor I got to taste, now that there's a KK store near us, I might get to taste the other flavors, too.

Thanks for linking up to Weekend Eating.

Katerina April 4, 2011 at 8:39 AM  

I would have thought that you mom is your sister! Very young mom indeed! I love donuts as well.

Cheerful April 4, 2011 at 6:02 PM  

another big fan of krispy kreme here, i am missin' it though...don't have it here in penh! PinayMum - Mommy's Life Around...wishing you and your mum a happy mother's day,(UK) hehehe, and happy Tuesday!

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP